PUTTING THE TURKS & CAICOS FIRST
In 2007, ICWI (Cayman) Ltd., a subsidiary of the well-established Jamaican and regional insurer The Insurance Company of The West Indies Ltd., acquired all the shares of TCFIC’s non-TCI based shareholders and entered into a relationship with TCFIC, thereby strengthening TCFIC’s insurance expertise and its ability to serve its clients. TCFIC’s Registered Office is at Cee’s Plaza, Suite No.1, Church Folly, Grand Turk, TCI.The following TCI registered companies are subsidiaries of TCFIC:
- Inter-Island Insurance Brokers (1986) Ltd., a TCI registered and licensed Insurance Broker
- Cheshire Square Ltd., a TCI registered asset holding company
TCFIC’s Registered OfficeCee’s Plaza, Suite No.1, Church Folly, Grand Turk, TCI.
Ms. Tameka Thompson (ACII)
Board of Directors
Mr. Stanley Williams
Chairman, Principal, Mystique Car Rentals and Tours Ltd.
Mr. Albray Butterfield Jr.
Principal, Butterfield Enterprises
Mr. Ariel Misick
Senior Partner, Misick & Stanbrook Barristers and Attorneys
Hon. Dennis Lalor O.J., ACII
Chairman, ICWI Group Limited
Mr. Paul Lalor B.A, Bsc.
President, The Insurance Company of the West Indies Limited
Financial Statements2021 Financial Statement
TCFIC’s business strategy is our continued focus on strong underwriting, appropriate pricing and differentiating ourselves on service by adhering to the following:
- Highly trained professional staff
- Expeditious, accurate and equitable claims settlement
- Well documented underwriting procedures
- Thorough audit process and continuous feedback
- Well established minimum rates
- Ongoing analysis of all classes of business
- Conservative investment strategies aimed at providing security and augmenting company returns
Turks & Caicos First Insurance prides itself on its highly trained, customer service oriented, friendly and professional staff members. We believe it is one of the things that sets us apart from other insurance providers in the Turks & Caicos Islands!
The Insurance Company of the West Indies LTD. (ICWI) has ultimate responsibility for the areas of Underwriting, Claims and Reinsurance, and as such, all such decisions by the management of the Company are taken in consultation with the Vice President of Risk and the President of the ICWI.
The day to day operations of TCFIC is managed by our General Manager, Ms. Tameka Thompson (ACII).
INTER-ISLAND INSURANCE (OUR BROKER)
We also provide a full service brokerage firm through our sister company, Inter-Island Insurance.Types of cover offered include:
- Private and Corporate Medical Plans
- Life Insurance
- Professional Indemnity
- Bankers Bonds
- Directors & Officers
- Commercial Watercraft