• Why choose Turks & Caicos First Insurance?

    TCFIC is TCI’s first indigenous Insurance Company with its head office in TCI. Turks & Caicos First Insurance Company, Ltd. (“TCFIC”) was registered in Turks and Caicos on 29th December 1993, and has been working hard to serve the needs of the people of TCI ever since.

    This means that Turks & Caicos First Insurance is not merely a broker taking a commission and sending your premiums offshore to another country. Similarly, claims decisions are made right here in Turks & Caicos, and claims cheques are issued right here in our office, drastically reducing claims turnaround times.

    We provide insurance to all of the Turks & Caicos Islands and have a facility in Grand Turk for the convenience of GDT clients.

    Turks & Caicos First Insurance is dedicated to becoming the TCI’s largest Motor insurer. We already provide coverage for many large corporate fleets, including three of the largest car rental agencies.

    Turks & Caicos First Insurance will work hard to prove to you that the decision to entrust us with your Motor insurance needs was indeed a good one.

  • Are accessories in my car automatically covered?

    If accessories or stereo equipment are not factory fitted, it is your responsibility to produce documentation to prove the value of them and to ensure that they are specifically insured under your Motor policy.
  • Do I have a Grace Period?

    If your insurance cover expires at midnight before a public holiday or weekend, you should ensure that your policy is renewed before the date as there is no grace period.
  • Do I have to pay my premium all at once?

    Turks & Caicos First Insurance has payment plans available. Please note that in the event of a claim however, all outstanding premiums become due. Remember, you must pay on time!
  • If I am insured under a private motor policy, can the vehicle be used for business?

    The vehicle can be used for your business purposes if the insurance company has been be notified of the change. This cover will attract an additional premium.
  • If I modify my car, will it affect my premium?

    You must advise TCFIC of any changes you have made to your vehicle which would increase its performance. These changes will be underwritten to determine if there will need to be any increase in premium.
  • What do I do if I sell my car? Can I sell my insurance?

    The coverage provided is for you only; you cannot sell or transfer your insurance policy. Should you dispose of your vehicle by sale or gift to a friend or family member, you must do the following:

    • Advise TCFIC immediately of the sale and change ownership of the vehicle
    • Surrender the Insurance Certificate or Cover Note to TCFIC
    • Request that the coverage on the vehicle be terminated
  • If I make a windscreen claim, will my no claim discount (NCD) be affected?

    No. A windscreen claim does not affect your NCD, nor is an excess payable. This benefit is limited to two (2) claims for the life of the policy. You can purchase/reinstate this benefit after the 2nd claim for an additional premium.
  • What is a No Claim Discount (NCD)?

    This is discount which is earned by an individual for having a claim-free/accident-free period of insurance. Every year of claim-free driving increases your NCD until it reaches the maximum discount given.

    An (NCD) cannot be borrowed, loaned, or transferred to another individual. It is earned separately for each vehicle owned and can be transferred from one vehicle to another with identical ownership. Once there is a claim, whether you are at fault or not, your (NCD) may be affected.

  • What is included under Homeowners' Insurance?

    Homeowners’ Insurance covers loss or damage arising from a variety of “perils” including fire, hurricane, earthquake, flood, burst pipes. It also includes cover for your liability to third parties in the event of your negligence.
  • What is the Policy Excess?

    The excess is the first portion of a claim which you are responsible for paying when you make a claim. It is specified as a fixed amount or percentage of the estimated value of the vehicle. The excess must be paid whether you are at fault or not. Your insurance policy covers the amount over the excess up to the value of the vehicle.
  • Who is authorised to drive my vehicle?

    Anyone who you give permission to, who is at least 25 years old, and has had a valid driver’s licence for over (one) 1 year.
  • Why do I need to insure my property for the full replacement value?

    If you insure your home for less than the full replacement value, in the event of a partial loss you would be subjected to the CONDITION OF AVERAGE.

    Under this condition, if you have a claim for partial loss, what you would receive from the insurance company would be the same percentage of your loss as your sum insured is to the full replacement value, minus any excesses that apply. For example, if your sum insured is 50% of the replacement value, you would be paid 50% of the loss, minus the excess.